LED SOME OF THE WORLD’S MOST VALUABLE CONSUMER AND RETAIL BRANDS TO BECOME SUCCESSFUL IN INDIA.
Tecnova has completed over 300 projects in the consumer and retail space, helping a number of global companies to become market leaders in their categories in India. We provide end-to-end support to clients to explore, evaluate and leverage the opportunities in this growing market.
Our services for the Consumer and Retail companies include:
- Customised market study to define the precise addressable market and formulate the go-to-market strategy.
- Consumer insights to enable companies localise their offerings - Quantitative and qualitative research (including focus group discussions, customer surveys and product testing)
- Distribution roll-out – dealer and distributor search or setting up own network
- Product launch and PR management
- Retail roll-out support – from site identification to complete store set-up and financial and operational management
- Marketing and promotional activities
- Source and contract manufacturing partnerships
- Set-up manufacturing facilities (Greenfield Projects)
- Joint Ventures Assist companies to acquire brand or distribution network
The Indian consumer and retail segment has been on a growth path with India now becoming the third largest economy in the world, in terms of purchasing power parity.
The sectors are further expected to grow at a rapid pace driven by:
- Increase in urbanisation
- Growth in disposable income, resulting to demand for better lifestyle
- Increase in expatriate population – pushing demand for global brands
- Low organised retail penetration (~ 8% in 2014)
- A vast rural population with low penetration of consumer durables and FMCG
- Change in buying and shopping habits as new retail formats and global brands enter the market